Eco-Friendly Cellulose Insulation
North Star Fibre Cellulose Insulation is a non-toxic natural product produced from 100% recycled papers helping reduce landfill waste and preserves natural resources. It also requires a fraction of the energy to produce (as well as producing less carbon dioxide) than fiberglass (see below). It also helps protect your home’s peace and quiet through its effective noise reduction capabilities.
Today, one of the most effective ways to save energy when buying new homes or upgrading existing homes is through energy efficient North Star Fibre Cellulose Insulation. Cellulose provides significant, on-going savings versus other insulating materials on the cost of home energy
To find out more about how cellulose can save you on energy bills, please refer to: http://www.hydro.mb.ca/your_home/home_insulation.shtml
Cellulose vs. Fiberglass
Although fiberglass may be the most common type of insulation, it is not necessarily the most effective. A test study at the University of Colorado School of Architecture and Planning built two identical structures in the winter. One structure was insulated with fiberglass and the other with cellulose insulation. Although both insulation types had the same R-value, the results were quite overwhelming with the cellulose insulated structure utilizing over 25% less energy. Furthermore, that same structure also stayed warmer during a nine hour heat loss test. The study concluded that the cellulose insulation was about 38% more effective than fiberglass.
Here are a few other facts to consider when choosing between cellulose and fiberglass:
- Cellulose insulation offer more thermal performance than fiberglass without the health risks associated with fiberglass.
- Cellulose insulation has superior insulating properties because it effectively controls all 3 ways of heat transfer (convection, conduction and radiated heat).
- Fiberglass has some health risks associated with it. The tiny strands and fibers that make up the insulation can break apart and can wind up in your skin or inhaled into your lungs. Cellulose is non-toxic, non-corrosive and safe and easy to handle. Testing has shown cellulose to be harmless to humans.
- North Star Fibre Cellulose Insulation is made up of 100% recycled paper and requires a fraction of the energy to produce than fiberglass.
- Cellulose is treated to be fire proof. The National Research Council of Canada found cellulose to be more effective at slowing the rate of fires than fiberglass.
- Cellulose insulation is treated with borates making it effectively insect proof as well as mold and mildew proof.
Cellulose has proven to be a more effective insulator that will not only save you more money but also pose less health risks than fiberglass insulation. To find out more about the benefits of North Star Fibre’s Cellulose Insulation, please refer to the Our Products section or contact Garth at 1.866.822.9668.